AMR's VAD support on Nokia S60 devices?

hi,
I have this problem in my app, and even when the VAD does work, it doesn't
do good job on noisy enviroment.

It would be nice feature to have VAD support on pjsip to reduce bandwidth
and help with voice quality.

I am using AMR vocoder with VAS and on reception of compressed AMR frame i
decode it back to PCM, compute the energy and make decision based on the
energy. not so sofisticate VAD algo but works fine.

nir