Near real time Recorder WAV processing‏

Hi all,

I am currently using the Python binding of PJSUA-API to create a recorder, writing to a wav file.
In an attempt to detect a moment of near silence(in a non-noisy channel), I am using the
python WAVE module to read frames from the created wav file as its being written to. From
experimentation the size of the wav file appears to increase, however the WAVE module is
unable to read the frames until the call has ended.
Is
the wav writing to a buffer and only the metadata of the wav file being
updated?
Is it possible for concurrent reading and writing to the wav
file(On ms os)? If not, can small
segments of the wav file be
accessible for sampling?

Kind regards

Tony

{sorry if this is a re-post, my previous one appears to be bounced}

With Windows Live, you can organise, edit, and share your photos.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/