Multiple subscriptions support with in the same dialog....(RFC3265)

2009/6/24 Wang Eric <eric_wanga at hotmail.com>

>  Hi Benny and all,
>
> One question need your confirm regarding the optional id parameter of event
> package header
>
> Per the sec. 3.1.2. "Identification of Subscribed Events and Event Classes"
> in RFC 3265 pp7
> The "Event" header MAY also contain an "id" parameter.
> This "id" parameter, if present, contains an opaque token which
> identifies the specific subscription within a dialog.
>
> Also, in pp8 of RFC3265 says..
> A SUBSCRIBE request MAY include an "id" parameter in its "Event"
> header to allow differentiation between multiple subscriptions in the
> same dialog.
>
> I can find the "id parameter" definition in \pjsip-simple\Evsub_msg.h
> However it seems that PJSIP does not implement the feature mentioned aboce
> (multiple subscriptions in the
> same dialog. )
>
> Am I right?

We used to always put event id in our SUBSCRIBE request, but lots of other
software are not able to deal with this correctly (for examply no event id
in NOTIFY), so I decided to not use it long time ago. But if we're receiving
SUSBCRIBE with id set, we should be able to respond correctly.

I haven't tried with doing multiple subscriptions with one dialog. Though it
should work, what for?

cheers
 Benny