PJSIP feature request..conference port audio frequency?

Ok I see how to do most of it.  As your posted suggestion for inband
dtmf detection points out, looking at mp3_writer.c wav_writer.c I can
see the audio is in a 16 bit array that is written out in either
case.  My question is the basic one.
If you have port->buf[0] for example is that the frequency of the
audio at that point.  In short how do I relate audio sample data to frequency?

I also notice wav_writer.cpp and mp3_writer.c have put_frame
functions that include a callback call if the function pointer if
set.  Is there any
reason not to do this also in conference.c?  Yea the put_frame in
conference.c does not have such a feature.

Thanks,
David Clark