Memory usage problem (possibly fragmentation?)

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Mark Webster
<mark.webster+pjsip at gmail.com<mark.webster%2Bpjsip at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Yeah, I was pretty sure that's what the caching pool does. I'm going to
> have to go through the code carefully to find out why my silly pool caching
> algorithm seems to "hide" the problem. I've been running it live for a while
> now and the memory usage seems very stable, compared to last week when I
> experienced this crash the first time.
>
> Anyway I'll take your advice and try to get to the bottom of this. I'll get
> back to the list with my findings later in the week.

A bit more info from me. Gang Liu and I discussed this few months back here:
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2008-September/004728.html

In the end, we concluded that it was LIBC that does the caching and not
PJLIB, so this may also be the case yours. If so, then perhaps it'll be more
appropriate to let PJLIB's caching pool to do the caching by setting it's
cache value to some high number.

Cheers
 Benny