pjsip fundamental question about multiple nics windows XP

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 6:45 PM, David Clark <vdc1048 at tx.rr.com> wrote:

>  At 10:32 AM 1/16/2009, you wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:16 AM, David Clark <vdc1048 at tx.rr.com> wrote:
>  Ok if I setup two processes both linked with pjsip libraries.  Can one
> process use NIC #1 while the other process uses NIC #2 provided both have
> two different ip addresses.
>

> Sure, just setup the SIP and media bound IP address and that should be all.
> What concerns you?
>

> Well we had one SIP provided pointed at NIC #1 ip address.
> Well, I configured and ran on NIC #2 ip addres only
>
> The sip traffic should fail to find my application.  It didn't.  My
> application saw it and ran fine.
> Which leaves me with nothing but huh?

It depends on how you configure it. The proper way is to set the
"bound_addr" field of pjsua_transport_config, or the corresponding parameter
to control the address to bind to when creating SIP/media transports if you
don't use PJSUA-LIB. If you only set the

If you only set "public_addr" field of pjsua_transport_config, or the
"a_name" parameter of SIP transport creation functions, then the transport's
IP address will be set to this address, BUT the transport will still be
bound to INADDR_ANY.

Cheers
 Benny