From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org] On Behalf Of Steven Beck
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:28 PM
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: Fwd: problem with mic on windows mobile

I had discovered this mic/GSM problem while testing on an AT&T 8252 (HTC).

Yesterday I tested on an O2 Exec.  On this PDA there is no problem.  In fact if I start a SIP call and then the PDA receives a GSM call, during the GSM call, the mic on the PDA goes to both the GSM and SIP calls.  The speaker on the PDA only comes from the GSM call.  Then after the GSM call ends, the mic and speaker are again connected to the SIP call.

Another strange thing I noticed in this test, sound from the telephone (the GSM call) went to the speaker on the PDA, as expected.  But it also went to the speaker on the other end of the SIP call.

Going back to the HTC, I was not able to reproduce Girish's results.  As soon as a GSM call is answered (or initiated) the PDA's mic is no longer available to PJSIP.  Subsequent GSM calls did not restore the mic for me.  The only way I can restore the mic on the HTC is to terminate and restart my program.

   Steve