SIP Stack HA

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Gang Liu <gangban.lau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi benny,
>    I am finding a way to save pjsip dialog information to external
> and restore dialogs if needed.
> Like below:
>
>    pj_status_t pjsip_dlg_store_connected(pjsip_dialog *dlg, char *
> buf, int * buf_size)
>    copies all parameters from a given dialog to a given buffer. This
> buffer should be supplied when restoring the dialog.
>
>    pj_status_t pjsip_dlg_restore_connected(pjsip_user_agent *ua, char
> * buf, int buf_size,  pjsip_dialog **p_dlg)
>    restores all parameters from a given buffer. The dialog will
> assume the connected state.
>
>    Could you give me some guideline to implement this? It will be
> great to add HA feature into pjsip stack when using UDP transport.

I think it's quite tedious to add HA (I'm not saying it can't be done). Not
only the dialog, you also need to store/restore the invite session as well.
Then propagate the API all the way up to application.

Alternatively, have you considered other approach, such as using
INVITE+Replaces? An entity would monitor the state of the HA agents (saving
the key dialog properties such as Call-Id and tags), and when it detects an
agent is down, it transfer the call (using INVITE+Replaces) to another
agent.

cheers
 Benny