Audio latency in Windows Mobile

Hi,

Looking at this JB stats:
---
JB summary:
    burst (min/max/avg/dev)=2/98/33/29 frames
---
Such high-burst would introduce high-latency indeed, so we could
easily guess that the 3xx ms latency was spent in JB. So, the problem
now should be where the burst came from and also perhaps, why.

Frankly speaking, burst calculated from the number of consecutive
frames received from network (PUT operation to JB) between two
adjacent frame deliveries to audio device (GET operation from JB
operation).

Now, let's see this simplified audio delivery path:
---
Peer mic -> network -> JB -> local speaker.
---
All elements, except JB, potentially introduce burst. And using some
tools we could detect burst level of each element, for example:
- use pjsystest, to check burst level of both peer mic and local speaker.
- if the accumulation of both burst levels is much lower than 380ms,
then we could say that it could be the network, however there may
still be other factor, see note below.
- you may also use network tool, e.g: ping, to check network burst and
latency (note that different bandwidth may result different burst
level/latency).

Note that the pjsystest runs audio device test on 'idle' CPU, while a
call session involves many other processings, e.g: audio processing
(codec, resample, EC, etc), logging, UI, which may introduce CPU
spikes and CPU spikes could disturb audio device clock (and perhaps
also introduce network burst issue?). Where in the end, it leads to
audio latency and/or impairment.

So, if you found the audio devices tests are fine and the network is
also known to be fine, perhaps you need to do some optimizations,
check the FAQ [1] :) And please share with us whatever you find and
achieve :)

---
[1] http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#cpu
---