STUN changes in pjsip 1.4

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Klaus
Darilion<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since 1.4 stun does not work anymore with vovida STUN server (damn old but
> very reliable).
>
> Wireshark reports 1.4 packets as "Session Traversal..." whereas 1.3 packets
> as "Simple Traversal....".
>
> Looks like you implemented a new specification? Is there somehow backwards
> compatibility?
>
> btw: can anybody recommend a STUN server which I can use instead?

Ah, yes, good point! It was http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/866

Basically, in pre-1.4, STUN used to be one single point of failure
thing, if your STUN server is down the library will refuse to be
started. With that ticket, we added support for multiple STUN servers,
and the library checks for STUN server usability before picking one
up. The checking uses STUN facility in PJNATH, which is mostly new
STUN, though I thought it should be backward compatible with old STUN
(at least it worked with Vovida STUN in
http://www.sf.net/projects/stun)

You can use stun.pjsip.org.

Cheers