Something very much annoying after INVITE request sent

Accodring to the spec, we cannot send CANCEL before receiving
provisional response from the UAS, so maybe that's what you're seeing.
The library delays sending CANCEL, but it will send it automatically
once provisional response is received.

If you want instant hangup appearance to the user, the GUI can
"pretend" that the call has been hung up to the user, though you still
need to handle the case where turns out UAS responds with 200/OK to
the initial INVITE (in this case just hangup the call again).

Cheers
 Benny