TCP transport problem

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Philippe<philippe.leuba at eyepmedia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Some servers (or SBC) reject SIP TCP requests (i.e. REGISTER) if they
> contain a different port in the Via and in the Contact.
>

> By default in pjsip, Contact is filled with listening port, but Via is
> filled with real port of the TCP sending connection.

Via must always be set to the source address of the request, so we
shouldn't change that. Contact, on the other hand, is filled up by the
application (or PJSUA-LIB), and in fact current PJSUA-LIB fills this
with the same value as the Via sent-by already. I forgot in which
version this was changed like this, but it's quite a long time ago
(must be more than a year I think).

If you're not using PJSUA-LIB then just change your app. :)

> We want to have the listener port in the Via and in the Contact headers.
>

> I have tried to put the port of the listener in the TCP transport internal
> structure at the creation and this work the first time.
>
> But If I destroy the TCP factory and recreate a new one, the TCP transport
> stays in the list of the transport
>
> manager and will be reused for the next sending to the same destination. By
> consequence, the transport keeps the port of the previous listener and this
> is not correct.

That is the intended behavior. All transports keep a reference counter
of their users (e.g. transactions, registration sessions), and for
ephemeral transport such as TCP (client), it will only be closed after
a certain idle period (PJSIP_TRANSPORT_IDLE_TIME, 10 minutes default),
that is after it's reference counter gets to zero.

What you should also do is to call pjsip_transport_shutdown() for the
particular TCP transport, so that it won't get used for subsequent
request.

> TCP transports are only destroyed when we destroy the transport manager and
> our usage of pjsip is that we create and destroy transports at will without
> destroying the endpoint and therefore the transport manager.

See above.

> Usage of transport selector seems to not solve the problem as well because
> it seems that in this case a new TCP transport is created for each sending!

Looking at the code, you're probably right!

Cheers
 Benny