Python and ActiveX

Well if you havent done it before, its not entirely straight forward,
but its not too hard either.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106553

Declare Sub <function name> Lib "<dll location>" (params)

essentially will bring them in. A full explaination of how this works
probably isn't appropriate for this list , but you should perhaps find
a VB6 discussion channel on IRC and ask if someone could help you out.
I don't have a windows box (mac user), so I cant help you any more
than point you in that direction.

There are dot net wrappers on the net. I strongly advise you hunt for
those on google and use them. VB6 is a bit old fashion anyway ;)