Cancel call transfer

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Tom?? Valenta <vali at kamarad.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
> is there any possibility to cancel call transfer if it has not been
> finished yet? I develop a dialog application using pjsip stack which
> tranfers caller's session to another person and I would like to handle
> situations like these:
>  - You are being transfered... (and transfer starts)
> then 3 situations can occur:
>  * Call is accepted, transfer is finished.
>  * Call is rejected or the line which the session is transfered to is busy.
>  * The called person did not accept the call in e.g. 30 seconds. Then I
> would like to cancel the transfer and tell the caller:
>  - The person you are calling does not answer the call.
>
> Is it possible to make this with pjsua-lib or by lower level functions? One
> possibility is to make a new call and if it is accepted, connect the calls
> in conference bridge, but it is complicated and all the data flows through
> the dialog server.

I this would depend on the application that initiates the call transfer (the
one that sends REFER). If it hangs up the call as soon as the new call is
initiated, then we're probably out of luck, as far as I know. But if it
keeps the original call alive, then it could pick up the old call when it
sees that the new call fails.

Alternatively you could use attended call transfer.

Cheers
 Benny

Thanks for advice.