Rtp Multicast send/receive switching

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Carmine <cmcrew at tiscali.it> wrote:

> there is a better solution to change direction?
>>>

>> I don't think you need to destroy/re-create the stream during the call at
>> all. Once you've configured multicast on the media transport, you should
>> just need to disconnect/reconnect the stream from the audio source to
>> mute/unmute the transmission. If you use conference bridge then this will
>> become even easier to do.
>>
>>  -benny
>>

>> Actually I don't use conference bridge but only a single bidirectional
>> stream port. Have I to create 2 separate "single direction" streams
>> (transmission and receive)
>>

> No. Since you only have 1 transport, you can only create 1 bidirectional
> stream.
>

> I don't understand; if I have only a bidirectional multicast stream, how
> can I pause only transmission leaving reception active?

That's where the conference bridge comes handy. All you need to do is
disconnect the stream from any source, and nothing will be transmitted
(except keep alive packet perhaps. Have a look at pjmedia/config.h for the
settings). See http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/Python_SIP/Media for an
introduction on how the bridge works.

If you don't use the bridge, then you can use pjmedia_stream_pause() to
pause media flow on a particular direction.

 -benny