SDP in multipart MIME in invite module

Hi,

I would like to address an issue that was discussed before on this
mailinglist. Within the context of conferencing we will need to send
and receive content other than SDP as body in INVITE messages, see
e.g. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-conferencing-02#section-6
.

 From the previous discussion and the code I have seen that the SDP
negotiation and invite modules are very tightly coupled and very
difficult to separate. I am inclined to believe it would probably be
easier to implement multipart MIME decoding in the invite module and
have it look for SDP nested in that. In this way we could use PJSIP to
transport other content along with the SDP in the body of INVITEs,
without separating the invite and SDP negotation modules too much.

My questions are, is this correct and what would be the best approach
to do this? Are there more people interested in this?

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects