PJSUA: Media features and remotely closing application

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Sebastian Mellmann
<sebastian.mellmann at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've got two questions.
>
> 1.) I'm using a central machine to control PJSUA on two machines thus
> starting PJSUA on this machines remotely using ssh.
> The problem is that I need to close PJSUA after a certain time. Right now
> I'm just killing the application using 'pkill', but that way the recorded
> .wav file gets "corrupted" so I need to repair it using e.g. sox.
>
> Is there any way to remotely control the PJSUA application e.g. to shut it
> down properly using the 'q' command?
> I've tried the "--duration" option, but this just disconnects the running
> call and not the application itself.

There seems to be no 'ready to use' way. However there should be
alternatives (with some efforts of course) to do this, e.g: control
pjsua using python as used in pjsip-apps/src/test-pjsua, apply a small
modification the pjsua_app.c to have such feature.

> 2.) I've found a feature called "Multiple frames per RTP packet" in the
> media feature list on the website.
> Is this feature always enabled?
> I couldn't find any option when using PJSUA.

Actually there is '--ptime' option in pjsua application to specify
multiple frames per RTP packet, e.g: specifying '--ptime 80' will make
pjsua to pack 4 frames per RTP packet for any codecs with 20ms frame
time.

Regards,
nanang