audio recording for symbian

Hi,

AFAIK, the only API for setting the recording volume in
CMdaAudioInputStream is SetGain(), if that didn't work, then perhaps
you can try to use APS (http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/APS). I
haven't tried to notice if this one record from smaller area though.
However, please try with other codecs to make sure that the recorded
audio from sound device is already clipped, if it is so, the cracking
noise should also occur using any codecs.

Btw, in case this problem only occurs with your G.729 integration,
please make sure you have recheck the code, at least some items
described in http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2008-November/005305.html.

Regards,
nanang