Missing Separator Error/Symbian UIQ Error

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Samer Faour <smf18 at aub.edu.lb> wrote:
> I had totally uninstalled the S60 SDK, deleted the folder, removed it
>  from registry, etc.. Once UIQ was working I reinstalled the S60 SDK.
>  The issues were mainly in the PATH but also problems with Perl and the
>  ARM Toolchain.

Thanks for the info, I've updated the FAQ just in case it helps others
having the same problem.

>  Benny, you said:
>
>  "My guess probably this was caused by error opening the sound device in
>  full duplex. I don't think that's possible with UIQ 3.0, CMIIW."
>
>  Do you mean this is a device issue or a UIQ issue? Is it that this
>  particular phone can't handle full duplex or that this is a general
>  issue for UIQ phones?

I'm not sure if the problem is device specific, vendor specific (Sony
Ericsson), or if this is a general UIQ issue. Yohanes has reported
that the audio streaming API (the API that we use for sound device
abstraction) on UIQ 3 Sony Ericsson phone does not support full duplex
and recording in PCM format. So it looks like for now only S60 3rd
Edition is fully supported, unless of course if the sound device
abstraction is rewritten to use other API which works on both devices.

>  Oh and sorry for this question, but what's CMIIW?

CMIIW==correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers
 Benny