Missing Separator Error/Symbian UIQ Error

I had totally uninstalled the S60 SDK, deleted the folder, removed it
from registry, etc.. Once UIQ was working I reinstalled the S60 SDK.
The issues were mainly in the PATH but also problems with Perl and the
ARM Toolchain.

My conclusion after all this: Carbide should be installed first and
foremost, followed by the SDKs along with Perl and the Toolchain which
should be bundled with them. The PATH should end as I mentioned:

;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm
Toolchain\arm-none-symbianelf\bin;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm
Toolchain\libexec\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3;C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools

and make sure C:\Perl\bin is also included.

Also in the bin folder of the CSL Toolchain a file is missing its .exe
extension for some reason and instead has a .3 extension. Obviously
just rename it and add .exe to the end. Restart your computer. Fix the
config_site.h and if build works.. great. If not, and you get the
nasty GCCE error or perl is not a recognized command or sth like that,
repair Perl and restart the PC. Perl is the only repair/reinstall that
requires a restart. If you need to.. repair the SDKs but make sure you
tried to clean and build the projects and/or use the command line
method Nanang mentioned as well for a cleaner result:

"I would prefer to suggest you to fix the makefile first:
1. change active dir to 'build.symbian' in the command prompt.
[Select the directory of the SDK to be cleaned using:
c:\ set EPOCROOT=\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\ ]
2. clean the intermediate files by 'abld clean'
3. clean the makefiles first by 'bldmake clean'
4. rebuild the makefiles by 'bldmake bldfiles'
5. make sure the generated makefiles are fine, at least check the PJLIB.GCCE
line 74-75 above, check if the strange string is gone.
6. if makefiles are fine, continue the compilation using 01.bat (or
Carbide)."

So that's pretty much it I guess. All possible issues with building to
Symbian... I've seen them :)

Benny, you said:

"My guess probably this was caused by error opening the sound device in
full duplex. I don't think that's possible with UIQ 3.0, CMIIW."

Do you mean this is a device issue or a UIQ issue? Is it that this
particular phone can't handle full duplex or that this is a general
issue for UIQ phones?
Oh and sorry for this question, but what's CMIIW?

Thanks for your help,
Samer

Samer M. Faour
Computer and Communications Engineering