About speex bitrate

> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:21:18 +0000> From: bennylp@xxxxxxxxx> To: pjsip at lists.pjsip.org> Subject: Re: About speex bitrate> > On 3/17/08, Markus Vechiorno <finalpfc at hotmail.com> wrote:> >> > Hi all,> > The bitrate for each sample rate depends on the quality setting> (--quality option in pjsua). The sample rate can also be selected of> course (e.g. with --add-codec speex/8000 option).> > > I need to implement the client with some different bitrates (5.98Kbps,> > 8Kbps, 11Kbps, 15Kbps and 18Kbps), is it possible?> > You will need to experiment with different quality setting and see how> it affects the bitrate. You can see the actual bitrate transmitted (or> received) with using "dq" (dump quality) menu command in pjsua.>

Well, I have done some experiments as you said. I have found the bitrates I was searching with the following settings: (8KHz)
 - quality 2 => bitrate 5.9 Kbps
 - quality 3 and 4 => bitrate 8 Kbps
 - quality 5 and 6 => bitrate 11 Kbps
 - quality 7 and 8 => bitrate 15 Kbps
 - quality 9 => bitrate 18.2 Kbps

I have found this values looking the 'd' option in pjsua. Perfect!

Now, I want the client to be able to select from these codecs (speex 5.9Kbps, speex 8Kbps, speex 11Kbps , etc).
Is there any way to initiate 5 codecs (all of them speex) with different settings?
This is one of the requisites I have to fulfill.

> > Another question, does RTCP give information about the available BW? If> > not, what is the way to know the available BW for the call?> > You mean available bandwidth in the link? No there's no way to have> this info with RTCP. Most if not all information available in RTCP SR> and RR are shown in the "dq" command btw.
I believed that when the negotiations between the voip clients was happening, the available BW in the link was one of the parameters taken in consideration.
I will investigate if any tool exist and can be used joined with pjsua.

> > cheers,> -benny
Thanks a lot Benny!!

Tecnolog?a, moda, motor, viajes,?suscr?bete a nuestros boletines para estar siempre a la ?ltima
Guapos y guapas, clips musicales y estrenos de cine.