About speex bitrate

On 3/17/08, Markus Vechiorno <finalpfc at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  I need to know some thinks about pjsip libraries.
>
>  The speex codec is implemented in tree versions speex/8000, speex/16000 and
> speex/32000. This is the sample rate, isn't it?. What is the bitrate

Yes those are the sample rate.

> asociated to each sample rate? Or can be the sample rate be selected?

The bitrate for each sample rate depends on the quality setting
(--quality option in pjsua). The sample rate can also be selected of
course (e.g. with --add-codec speex/8000 option).

>  I need to implement the client with some different bitrates (5.98Kbps,
> 8Kbps, 11Kbps, 15Kbps and 18Kbps), is it possible?

You will need to experiment with different quality setting and see how
it affects the bitrate. You can see the actual bitrate transmitted (or
received) with using "dq" (dump quality) menu command in pjsua.

>  Another question, does RTCP give information about the available BW? If
> not, what is the way to know the available BW for the call?

You mean available bandwidth in the link? No there's no way to have
this info with RTCP. Most if not all information available in RTCP SR
and RR are shown in the "dq" command btw.

cheers,
 -benny