Cancel timer B on provisional response?

 Inline...

On 3/6/08, ims3g at 126.com <ims3g at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi budy,
> Cancel timer B on provisional respone for ICT is RFC compliant. Transaction
> layer *should* behave in that way. It's TU's responsibity to handle the case
> the call stays there forever.
> The issue is caused currently, by PJ lack of a mechanism of Dialog/Session
> timer management. Benny has marked them out but hasn't implemented that.
> Cases need to be handled:
> 1. Only provisional response is received
>    Though proxy may send 487 on timer C triggered. UA SHOULD can terminate
> the call after a pre-configured timer duration

I guess in this case the user will just hangup.
?
[aka]: That's true. RFC does not standardize the behaviour in that case.
It's up to the application to decide.
FYI, some user agents give alternative choice as I describe.
?

> 2. 1xx received, then caller cancels the call manually, however for some
> reasons, no 487 sent back

True, currently this is not handled. I've added
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/503 for this.

>    As the case mentioned by Amit.
>    Compared to case 1, CANCEL is involved. RFC 3261 has described the way to
> handle this case, by use of a timer to terminate the call if 487 not seen
> 3. No ACK received for 2xx(for INVITE), UAS side
>
> And even more complex cases,
> ex1. BYE lost
>    Session timer can be used to deal with such case.
> ex2. Found by you

Yep, those could be solved with session timer.

cheers,
 -benny