Segmentation fault

On 3/1/08, chethana hegde <hegdechethana at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi benny,
> Segmentation fault is happening immediately after console menu is printed
> and the application exits without even waiting for any input such as (m or
> i...)
>
> I am using 1788 version pjsua and this is the ./configure command iam using
> CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --host=arm-linux
> make dep && make

The ./configure settings will be very much system dependent of course,
so if that works for your ARM then good. Others may find the need to
fine tune the command, for example:

 ./aconfigure --host=arm-linux CFLAGS='-nostdinc -msoft-float -I/arm/libc/path'

or something like that. FYI when you specify CFLAGS like this, you'll
need to use aconfigure script instead of configure script.

> I have not created config_site.h file , there is one config_site_sample.h
> file ,but  no settings for arm or linux,i find only for symbian and windows.

Okay.

> What are the things i have to set for arm and linux in config_sit.h

It's highly system specific, so I can't suggest anything that would
guarantee to work on your ARM. But as a matter of problem elimination
process, you can try these:

- Run without echo canceller
  $ pjsua --ec-tail=0

- Run without sound device
  $ pjsua --null-audio

- Disable floating point
  $ ./aconfigure --disable-floating-point
  or put in config_site.h:
  #define PJ_HAS_FLOATING_POINT 0

- Disable all codecs except g711
  $ ./aconfigure --disable-gsm-codec --disable-speex-codec --disable-ilbc-codec

- Disable sound
  $ ./aconfigure --disable-sound

And of course combinations of those settings. Please let me know which
ones work for you.

cheers,
 -benny