PJSIP in ARM - CPU consumption

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM, C?sar Davi <cesargxn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Benny,
>
> I am developing a SIP gateway of 8 channels.
> I'm using siprtp demo, as is the example that most applies to my case
> (at least I think), since the audio processing is done by an external
> DSP (according to your article - "integrating third party media stack
> with PJSIP), so, the ARM do the treatment of SIP signaling and the DSP
> do audio processing. When I 8 simultaneous calls, the thread SIP to
> consume 96% of power CPU (SIP signaling processing only, without
> audio).

Here's what I got when running siprtp with 8 calls on an ARM9 180MHz
(AT91SAM9260) platform:

real    1m17.984s
user    0m2.560s
sys     0m6.910s

If my calculation is correct that's a ~12% average CPU usage. That's
using latest pjsip and the following configure command:

./aconfigure --host=arm-926-linux-gnu CFLAGS='-O3 -msoft-float
-DNDEBUG -mcpu=arm926ej-s -march=armv5te' --disable-floating-point

So something is wrong in your setup IMO.

Cheers
 Benny