From: Benny Prijono <bennylp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pjsip list <pjsip at lists.pjsip.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:17:11 AM
Subject: Re: PJSUA: Problems to talk with a PocketPC

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:19 AM, Paul Chen <pocketpc_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Benny and others,
> When I test the latest PJSUA on a PC (Window XP) with talking to a softphone
> on a PocketPC (WinMobile 6), I have the following problems.
>
> 1. If PocketPC calls the PJSUA, I can hear from the PocketPC side but not
> the PJSUA side. (I use SIP calls. To answer the call, I type "a" and then
> 222 for the code.) After a short period, the connection is closed and get
> the msg:
> "pjsua_app.c Call 0 is DISCONNECTED [reason=408 (request Time out)]"
>
> Do I need to configure PJSUA to hear the audio?
> How can I increase the Time out period?
> (I already used the "V" command to increase the audio volume.)

Regarding the disconnection, my guess is it's because pjsua doesn't
receive ACK from the PocketPC softphone, so it hangs up the call after
retransmission timeout (about 32 seconds). Is NAT involved with this
scenario? In any case a pjsua log file will certainly help.

> 2. If PJSUA calls the PocketPC, both sides can not hear the audio. I got the
> error messages like
> "strm00E0378C RTP recv() error Connection reset by peer <WSAECONNRESET>
> [err:130054]"
> But the PocketPC receives the call.

Not sure why either, but in both cases I guess it must have something
to do with the IP address selection. But if you can show the pjsua log
file I can give it a look.

> If I use another softphone instead of PJSUA on the PC, above two problems do
> not appear.

Is this with *exactly* the same settings?

Cheers
Benny