svn update error: Failed to add directory'third_party\speex'

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Jim Gomes <Jim.Gomes at tideworks.com> wrote:
> Benny,
>
> Have you thought about moving to git or some other DVCS program like
> Bazaar?  Not that I am recommending you should do so, just asking if you
> have considered it.  We are looking into DVCS's for our project, and
> currently Bazaar is the front runner.  Git is not an option, since it
> does not have Windows support.

Hi Jim,

yeah I've thought of that a bit, in more than one occasions, and in
the end always concluded that we don't DVCS yet. Mostly it's because
we only have few people working with the source (read: having write
access), we don't have problem with reliability (or so we thought),
and the seamless integration of SVN with Trac is just very very nice.

One thing that I'm still not sure about is whether DVCS will make life
easier for our users. One of the drawback of SVN (and maybe
other/similar VC) is it makes it very difficult to manage if you
maintain your own repository and have pjsip repository inside it, and
if you make modifications  to pjsip. I have a hunch that the
distributed nature of a DVCS will somewhat makes this task easier, but
haven't investigated this further.

What makes you want a DVCS btw?

Cheers
 Benny