wav player from memory (Python)

Hi,

Is there any way to play .wav file directly from memory (in Python binding)
? I've tried StringIO library but it doesn't work.
I have to play many rather small .wav files (ca 200 - 500 ms length) that
comes through socket. Ideally those files should be played without gaps.
Now I have a thread that operates on queue that contains file names. When
the .wav part arrives I create temp file and put the name to the queue.
Wav player thread takes file name from queue, plays it to the conference
bridge and then sleep (time equal to .wav part length). The goal is to
achieve
a real time playback from some source.

best regards,
chris