wav player from memory (Python)

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Adamczak Krzysztof <kradamcz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to play .wav file directly from memory (in Python binding)
> ? I've tried StringIO library but it doesn't work.

We don't have that (yet) unfortunately. We do have memory based playback in
pjmedia, but it hasn't been ported to Python (yet).

> I have to play many rather small .wav files (ca 200 - 500 ms length) that
> comes through socket. Ideally those files should be played without gaps.
> Now I have a thread that operates on queue that contains file names. When
> the .wav part arrives I create temp file and put the name to the queue.
> Wav player thread takes file name from queue, plays it to the conference
> bridge and then sleep (time equal to .wav part length). The goal is to
> achieve
> a real time playback from some source.

There is a WAV playlist object in pjsua API, where you can arrange multiple
WAV files in a playlist and these will be played sequentially without a gap.
Will that help if we have the same in Python?

Cheers
 Benny