stun_msg.c Unrecognized attribute type 0x8020

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:57:16 +0100
"Benny Prijono" <bennylp at pjsip.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Will Davies <will at hugthebubble.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > > That should be okay, that STUN attribute is optional. Are you sure it's
> > > pjsip that's dropping the call and not Gizmo?
> > >
> > thanks for the response
> > That would seem unlikely, how would I tell?
> > users A, B, C and D all have gizmo accounts
> > users A and B can hold a conversation for over 40 minutes
> > any call involving users C or D generally dies after 6-10 minutes (maximum
> > so far 12)
> > users A and B  have static internet addresses
> > users C and D have dynamic internet addresses
> > Its not much as far as proof goes. I'm slightly overwhelmed by the
> > verbosity of the log and in over my head. Any pointers on things to look for
> > would be gratefully received.
>

> Yeah I know what you mean about the log. But look for the part where BYE
> message is sent or received, and see who sends it. If the sender is pjsip,
> scan few lines before that, normally it should print out why it hangs up the
> call (unless of course if it's user who hangs up the call).

There is no BYE until one of us hangs up. I have a log that include several minutes after the sound stopped. The only think I have managed to learn from it is that the
 18:37:45.594  strm0x823ce04 Starting silence
 18:37:45.595  strm0x823ce04 Start talksprut..
messages on the machine with the high cpu utilisation stop at the same time that the call stops working.
I continue to get these messages at the other end but neither of us can hear anything

> > The other point to note is that users C and D see very high cpu utilisation
> > when the call dies.
> >

> Okay that's interesting. If the CPU utilization is very very high, then it
> could cause some SIP transactions to timeout with 408 status, and this
> status will terminate the call indeed. But I don't think this would happen
> unless the CPU utilization is very very high (to the point that the computer
> feels like it's locked up).

No 408s in the log

thanks
Will Davies