Thread and Pool allocation

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Gil Richard <richardg at pantel.ns.ca> wrote:

> That link points out the (I think) conflicting documentation.  In the Using
> Memory Pool section, the Create Pool Factory section instructs you to
> create
> a caching pool using pj_caching_pool_init(), but in the next section(Create
> the pool), it instructs you to use pj_pool_specify() which calls for a
> pj_pool_factory, not a pj_caching_pool.  Or perhaps I am mis-reading the
>  instructions; can anyone clarify this?

In C++ terms, pj_pool_factory is an abstract base class for pool factorys,
and the caching_pool is the implementation (the derived class). So you can
just typecast caching_pool to pj_pool_factory, or for a cleaner way, use
"&pj_caching_pool.cp" to get the pool factory instance of the caching pool.

Hope this explains it.

 -benny