siprtp

Quoting Benny Prijono <bennylp at pjsip.org>:

> On 1/15/08, Angelos Karageorgiou <angelos at unix.gr> wrote:
>>
>> hello all,
>>
>> I am still trying to make siprtp initiate the rtp stream for a call ,
>> It seems that media_thread will only wake up AFTER a packet is received
>> on the rtp session.
>

> That shouldn't be the case, and looking at the code I don't thing that could
> happen either as media_thread() starts immediately and it only blocks on
> sleep(). How did you test this? Do you have NAT in the middle?
>
> cheers,
>  -benny

I am using an asterisk server bound on 127.0.0.1 with nat=yes in its
sip configuration. In my extensions if I start with
callednumber,1,Playback(help) the RTP stream goes back and forth fine
if I start with
callednumber,1,Echo() , which is the asterisk echo application i.e. it
plays back anything you send it, no RTP gets send from siprtp.

This was verified with tcpdump also. Any Ideas ?

Angelos