SRTP

On 1/11/08, Angelos Karageorgiou <angelos at unix.gr> wrote:

> I have a question regarding siprtp, how does it exactly work ? By
> replaying back to the originator the media stream?

Hi Angelos,

currently siprtp just put a blank/bzero-ed PCMU payload into the RTP packet.
So it doesn't even encode anything. For the other direction, it will drop
any incoming RTP packet after analyzing the jitter etc.

and how could I make it originate a media stream ? Say play a 10 Sec file.

Have a look at media_thread() function in siprtp.c. This is the thread that
sends RTP packets. I think it shouldn't be too difficult to modify this
function to read the payload from a file instead.

cheers,
 -benny

Sorry I am still new with pjsip and the learning curve for my aging