name server config

Benny Prijono schrieb:
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> According to documentation I have to manually specify the nameservers if
>> I want to use SRV lookups. As I do not want users to configure them
>> manually, do you have some ideas how I can retrieve the name servers
>> from the OS?
>
> We can use GetNetworkParams() on Windows. Not sure how to do it on
> Linux/Posix other than to parse /etc/resolv.conf, and that's the
> reason why we don't have a portable getdnsservers() function in
> pjlib since I'm not happy with having to do this. If anybody knows
> an easier way, I'll be happy to add.

I think there is no easier way. I've checked ares resolver (part of
resiprocate) and they are doing it the same way:
  - GetNetworkParams on Windows
  - parsing /etc/resolv.conf on Unix

Ares further suports MacOS.

IMO it would be real cool if pjlib supports getting nameserver config too.

PS: I have attached how I have done it in Windows.

regards
klaus