Using the same TCP port for both Tx and Rx in PJ

On 1/11/08, Jeremy King <jerry.ipe.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, he wanted to send and receive requests with the
> > same connection (and it doesn't have to be from 5060). So outbound should
> > help, as it allows server to send request back to client using the same
> > TCP/TLS connection that the client connect to.
> >

> The link between the UA and the edge proxy (SER) is
>
> [UA_Int_IP:UA_Int_Port]<-->[NAT_Ext_IP:NAT_Ext_Port]<-->[Edge_Proxy_Ext_IP:Edge_Proxy_Ext_Port]---{Provider_Network}
>
> The NAT is symmetric.
>
> The problem is that
>   - The UA, i.e. PJ, sends the REGISTER from port X (ephemeral) but is
> listening on Port Y,
>   - The Edge Proxy records NAT_Ext_IP:NAT_Ext_Port to proxy future
> requests to the UA
>   - Edge proxy sends new INVITE to UA through NAT_Ext_IP:NAT_Ext_Port
>   - INVITE arrives on port X at the UA
>   - PJ sends 500 "Server Internal Error"

The 500/Internal Server Error must have been caused by something else, as
pjsip should allow request to be received from any transports.

pjsip version 0.8 and later should work well with SER's NAT helper. When TCP
is used, pjsip will use one TCP connection for the registration session, and
pjsip will maintain this connection open by sending keep-alive every 90
seconds (configurable). If SER decides to send request via this TCP
connection, it will be received by pjsip just like any other requests.

cheers,
 -benny

cheers,