Using the same TCP port for both Tx and Rx in PJ

On Jan 10, 2008 7:09 PM, Benny Prijono <bennylp at pjsip.org> wrote:

> > I have not tried TCP yet. But If pjsip opens a TCP connection - does it
> > already allow to receive SIP on this TCP connection?
>

> Yes. Basically pjsip does not care where the request comes from.
>
> Further, how does SIP outbound help here? I thought Jeremy wants to open
> > a TCP connection from port 5060 instead of an ephemeral port and
> > outbound wont help here.
>

> If I understand correctly, he wanted to send and receive requests with the
> same connection (and it doesn't have to be from 5060). So outbound should
> help, as it allows server to send request back to client using the same
> TCP/TLS connection that the client connect to.

The link between the UA and the edge proxy (SER) is
[UA_Int_IP:UA_Int_Port]<-->[NAT_Ext_IP:NAT_Ext_Port]<-->[Edge_Proxy_Ext_IP:Edge_Proxy_Ext_Port]---{Provider_Network}

The NAT is symmetric.

The problem is that
  - The UA, i.e. PJ, sends the REGISTER from port X (ephemeral) but is
listening on Port Y,
  - The Edge Proxy records NAT_Ext_IP:NAT_Ext_Port to proxy future requests
to the UA
  - Edge proxy sends new INVITE to UA through NAT_Ext_IP:NAT_Ext_Port
  - INVITE arrives on port X at the UA
  - PJ sends 500 "Server Internal Error"