release 1788 - possible issues

On 2/11/08, tloginbr-pjsip at yahoo.com.br <tloginbr-pjsip at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got r1788 and had a few issues here. When I try compiling I get the
> error bellow:
> ../src/pj/ioqueue_select.c:45:5: error: #error
> "PJ_IOQUEUE_MAX_HANDLES cannot be greater than FD_SETSIZE"

Yeah the thing with FD_SETSIZE now has changed a bit in the latest SVN
(for the better, I hope). Previously PJLIB just assumes that it can
always override FD_SETSIZE in all platforms, and this is a wrong
assumption. As far as I know, FD_SETSIZE is mostly read only on GLIBC
and Newlib, hence setting this to value larger than the default value
may result in the OS ignoring the rest of the handles when we use
select().

Please see http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/472 for more info.

> my config_site.h:
>
> #   define PJ_IOQUEUE_MAX_HANDLES       5000

I think you can go up to 1024 since default FD_SETSIZE is 1024 (on
GLIBC/Newlib I think).

> if I comment out the line with PJ_IOQUEUE_MAX_HANDLES it compiles
> fine, but then I have problems to start the application with a high
> number of calls, saying that I can't create that many objects when it
> tries to listen for the udp ports (I've tried using 250 calls in
> max_calls).
>
> I also found a thing with the logs. When I set Console Level to 4 and
> log level to 0, the console log is also 0. I have to set both console
> log level and log level to 4 if I want to have a log level of 4 in my
> console. It's not really a problem for my application, but it seems
> interesting to point out.

That's intentional. Log level is the base verbosity level so it will
affect the console level as well.

cheers,
 -benny