SDP negotiation has failed

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Mohit Kumar <mk22101985 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using pjsip in softphone.When i used pjsip phone on both end call get
> connected and work fine.But when i used  any  other phone like xlite call
> get dissconcted On checking log I got
>
> SDP negotiation has failed: No active media stream after negotiation
> (PJMEDIA_SDPNEG_ENOMEDIA) [status=220048]
>
> After
>
> SDP negotiation done.
>
> Help me to correct this error

One reason for SDP negotiation failure is, no matching codecs on both ends.
Check in eyebeam if you have enabled the codecs that pjsip has. Enabling
g711 should work all the time as it is by default most used codec. But the
having matching codecs enabled on both the sides is an absolute must for
media to flow, unless you have a transcoder sitting in between both the
ends.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Godson Gera