How to control packet bursts from sound card to reduce jitter?

Hey
I have serious delay problems in my VoIP network I'm using/developing a
pjsip based UA on a PC which calls a conference server (server is not based
on pjsip) and I experience 300-500ms delay in the conference on the server.
I have narrowed the problem down to my sound card which is "bursting"
packets in bursts of 3 packets at a time. This means when I'm using 10ms
frames the jitter introduced by the sound card in the PC is 0.01-30ms
resulting in the adaptive jitter buffer in the conference server growing
large very fast which of cause introduces a unacceptable delay.
Now to my question :-)
Is there any way of controlling or eliminating the bursts from the sound
card when using pjsip? ...or do I really have to buy new and better sound
cards for all the PCs in the network?

Hope for some good feedback.

Regards
Jacob