How to handle brute call disconnect

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Jo?o C?sar <jpcesar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In our application, sometimes the voip client does not end the call
> properly sending the BYE sip message, so i'm getting RTP recv() error:
> Connection reset by peer ( WSAECONNRESET) on the pjsip side.
>
> We want to improve resilience on the pjsip side and handle this error
> properly, destroy everything that was being used in the call.
>
> We are using PJSUAlib, but im uncertain where do I need to handle this
> exception, is it on on_call_media_state? Wich resources do I need to free in
> order to have this cleaned at the pjsip side.

Once you know that remote party is no longer there, just disconnect the call
as usual the the resources will be freed as normal. For the detection part,
you can either poll the media statistics to see if RTP packets are still
received, or periodically send re-INVITE or UPDATE to check if remote is
still responding.

Cheers
 Benny

I cannot control the client SIP side so i really need my pjsip server to be