Presence Subscription Notification

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Joseph Maiquez <josephmaiquez at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Benny,
>

> here is the situation:
> UserA and UserB are not friends.
> UserB is offline.
> UserA add and request presence subscription to UserB.
> When UserB logged in, The callback on_incoming_subscription is not called.
> <- the problem
> If UserA will send another request while UserB is online, the callback is
> called.

Sorry for the late reply. I thought this requires some coding to reproduce
it, but turns out perhaps this is just a misunderstanding.

The on_incoming_subscribe() is only called when incoming SUBSCRIBE is
received (as the name suggest!). So in your cause above, even if UserB logs
in, the callback will not be called if UserB does not send SUBSCRIBE to
UserA.

Cheers
 Benny