Poor voice quality and codec selection with pjsua_wince

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Tzury Bar Yochay <tzury.by at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a plan B I might be giving up the whole wince environment for this
> moment in case people on the mailing list will report that far better
> results were gained on Symbian.

In Symbian we also use the same echo suppressor, so the same problem
persists. Although now that we have experimental APS support, perhaps we
might be able to route the audio to the earphone to cut the echo.

Just to contribute few more plans for your experiments:

Plan C: turn down both speaker and mic level on your WM so that echo is not
picked up.
Plan D: require your users to use headphone/earphone
Plan E: somehow find the device's proprietary API to activate the earphone
rather than the loudspeaker, if your device has it.
Plan F: find out how to use Speex's EC on low power devices
Plan G: find other (open source) EC algorithm suitable for low power device
Plan H: make the echo suppressor work better
Plan I: find plan J-Z

See there's still lots of options. And definitely I don't like your Plan B.
:)

Cheers
 Benny