PSIPUA and STUN

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Philippe HENSEL <philippe.hensel at uha.fr>wrote:

> Hi Benny,
>
> My Linux NAT is just configured as below :
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING  -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
>
> But when doing a "netstat-nat -N" on this linux NAT I saw two lines
> in the translation table that had same source addresses/ports and
> differents destination addresses/ports and they had same Mapped public
> address/port. For a Symmetric NAT the mapped addresses/ports should be
> differents ?

Yes it should be different. But like I said, you seem to have an ALG, so it
could be that it maps the traffic differently depending on the traffic type
(e.g. full cone for SIP traffic and symmetric for others). Or it can do
something else; being an ALG means it's behavior is pretty much undefined.

 -benny

P.S.
 since we're still on the same subject, could you please reply to existing
thread rather than starting anew every post? This will make it easier to
correlate posts.