RTP Silence Suppression

On 23/04/2008, Thomas Plotkowiak <plotti at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Nanang
>
> So of course the Conference bridge allows two streams, one ingoing and one
> outgoing:
>
> A ----in--------> B
>    <---out------
>
> What I mean by removing A from B's conference bridge is to end both streams
>
> status = pjsua_conf_disconnect(info.slot_id,0);
> status = pjsua_conf_disconnect(0,info.slot_id);

Ah ok

> On the RTP Level, i thought that this corresponds to a "manual" silence
> supression, both clients set the "s" bit in the rtp packets.
>  Or how are those RTP Streams still maintained, since  with every SIP Call a
> RTP stream is generated.

When a stream port of a conference bridge gets no transmitter (no
audio data sent to it), it actually stops sending RTP to peer (while
it may still receive RTP from peer), so there is no such kind of
silence RTP sent.

> So as you said this obviously should save me some bandwidth. My question
> also is where can I see those packets exchanged between those two clients,
> which loglevel should i use, or is there any other way like wireshark to
> caputre those packets? or maybe is the "dq function of pjsua already enough
> to measure this somehow?

I think there is no log generated for this purpose. To monitor number
of packets or bandwidth used on both ways, 'dq' should be the easiest
way. Of course, wireshark should do as well.

Regards,
nanang