Registering with the IMS Core Resolved!!

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Adeyeye Michael
<micadeyeye at crg.ee.uct.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi All,
>  I had been trying to register the PJSIP with the IMS for sometime but
>  proved futile. I figured a way out and thought I could share it with you
>  in case someone else runs into the same problem.
>
>  It seems impossible to register with the IMS when someone lists his
>  paramaters via the command line. I was only able to register when I used
>  a config file.
>
>  I tried using the parameters below via the command line but I got
>  varying errors. The error depends on the order of the parameters, so I
>  can't list all. Examples are "address in use" and "too many hops".
>
>  I used these parameters:
>  micadeyeye at micadeyeye:/opt/pjproject-0.8.0/pjsip-apps/bin$
>  ./pjsua-i686-pc-linux-gnu --id sip:alice at open-ims.test --registrar
>  sip:open-ims.test --proxy sip:pcscf.open-ims.test:4060;lr --realm
>  open-ims.test --username alice at open-ims.test --password alice --use-ims
>  --local-port 5066
>

>  I hope this helps and will want it possibly fixed. I use Linux(Ubuntu)
>  while Sasah and Benny reported that it works  fine. I found out that
>  they used Windows when testing it and I want to assume that they also
>  used the config file.

Actually I executed it from command line and without a config file.

Hmm.. the only explanation could be that the semicolon (";") character
in ";lr" string was caught by the shell hence the rest of the
arguments were not passed to pjsua. I know it happened to me in more
than one occasions. This explains why pjsua did not authenticate when
you use ";lr" in your route set since the credential was not set,
which would not otherwise make sense.

Cheers
 Benny