Silence detection while recording

Hi all,
I would like to know on how to stop recording to a file  when maximum duration silence occurs.As of now I am just setting timer and when it expires I call pjsua_recorder_destroy to stop recording but I need to stop recording when maximum silence duration occurs.
Note: I am recoding a file through incoming rtp stream (not from sound card).Please help me in this.Thanks in advance.

                                                                                                                                                     with regards
                                                                                                                                                           raja