RTP monitoring

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the list, mainly because I'm a very happy PJSIP user
and managed to solve any problems I encountered myself with the help of the
documentation :)

Anyway, in my application I want to monitor the number of received RTP
packets periodically. Sometimes I encounter scenario's when the RTP stream
just stops but no BYE is sent (due to a flaky piece of software on the other
side). So I want to build in some sort of 'safeguard' to detect this
scenario.

I've looked at the siprtp.c but that seems like it is re-implementing a lot
of standard library behaviour. I really like the simplicity of the
high-level PJSUA api (I'm not doing that much interesting in my app anyway).
Basically all I'm looking for is some basic info about the number of
received RTP packets that I can query from some sort of helper-thread.

Can you suggest something to get me started off in the right direction? Your
help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Benjamin van den Hout