py_pjsua windows compiling

S G wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I have successfully compiled the python module.
>
> I have added several libraries and includes through the tools - options
> - projects and solutions -  vc++ directories. These libraries and
> includes are Platform SDK, DirectX and Python 2.4. I tried to compile it
> using Python 2.5 but it didn't let me and kept asking about python24.lib.

python24.lib is specified in the VS project's input libraries, so it
will look for it. If you use Python 2.5 then you'll need to change
python24.lib to python25.lib (or whatever the name of the Python
library, I haven't tried with Python 2.5).

> Anyone having the same problem? What is the best way to run the python
> samples in a windows environment? I have succesfully compiled it in
> linux but I do need it running in windows.

Once you've built the Python module, run command prompt:

   cd pjsip-apps\lib
   python ..\src\py_pjsua\pjsua_app.py
   or
   python_d ..\src\py_pjsua\pjsua_app.py

The reason why we need to cd to lib directory is because the VS
project doesn't copy the pjsua Python module to Python's library
directory.

> Thanks for your help,
> Sergio
>
> PS: BTW I got a warning when I compiled the py_pjsua, just to share with
> you:

Ah yes, the annoying VS 2005 message. I've fixed this, and I've also
added VS 2005 project for the Python module, in the SVN trunk (r1442).

thanks,
  -benny