SRTP alternatives

Hi everyone,
I have been studying SRTP and how to integrate it to pjmedia, and I
concluded that it would take more than just applying a crypto algorithm to
secure RTP taking into consideration the format and headers as well as the
use of key exchange protocols. I found an opensource project that does that
called libzrtp and I was wondering about integrating that with pjmedia if
possible but the documentation is not clear. I am still interested in doing
so but I was wondering about other alternatives to encrypt voice without
affecting the headers and protocols if possible. Thanks.