Re: Re: Passing objects to soap server, complexType, classmap

Hello Michael!

Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:52:08 +1200, Morgan Pyne wrote:
>
>> On the server, the 'myRemoteMethod()' is simply displaying the object
>> type
>> that it is passed. It is receiving the object as a 'StdClass', instead of
>> a 'someObj'
>>
>> Is this the corrrect approach? Do I need to do anything additionally on
>> the server side?
>>

> This is perfectly normal due to the fact that PHP is not a statical typed
> language. Had you tried implementing the client in C++ or C# the server
> would have serialized the SoapParam to a native C++ or C# class. In PHP
> you have to do this yourself, Eg. you must provide a private method in the
> server class which is capable of converting from a standard class to the
> required class:

How about the client? What requirements are there for the classes I want to
map the SOAP Objects to?
Even though I have the following class definitions:

 class LoginOUT{
    public $SessionID;
    public $WSVersion;
  }

  class LoginResponse{
    public $parameter;
  }

I get the following result:

stdClass::__set_state(array(
   'parameter' =>
  stdClass::__set_state(array(
     'SessionID' => '1234',
     'WSVersion' => '1.0',
  )),
))

for this response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:ns1="http://ws.smg.de/";>
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <ns1:loginResponse>
      <parameter>
        <SessionID>1234</SessionID>
        <WSVersion>1.0</WSVersion>
      </parameter>
    </ns1:loginResponse>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

That doesn't make sense to me? Anything I am missing?

Thanks for your kind help.

Alex